Hello everyone! welcome to scattered health, the world of personal experiences and extensive research of living with mental and physical health issues including some helpful tips and guidance.
In today's fast changing world, it is difficult to maintain healthy life because our health is scattered in every corner of fast moving daily lives. In every continent of the world people including children, young or old are suffering with some type of mental or physical health issues. Before delving into detail we need to understand what is the meaning of health and then we can analyse our scattered health in line with our understanding. We all know about what is being a healthy person mean in general, however, believe me, many of us do not know the real definition of health, which is defined below.
Definition of health!
I am a victim of scattered health with mental (Depression) and physical (Lower Back and Leg Pains) health issues since last 10 years. I genuinely believed and used to think that being healthy mean living a life without any disease or sickness. However, one day I was reading a news from World Health Organisation (WHO) and realised that my understanding of health is not correct. WHO states: "Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”. Furthermore, it states: "The enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health is one of the fundamental rights of every human being without distinction of race, religion, political belief, economic or social condition".
These WHO statements proven my understanding of health wrong and made me curious for further research into health-related issues and expand my knowledge. During my research, I found that WHO also states: The extension to all peoples of the benefits of medical, psychological, and related knowledge is essential to the fullest attainment of health. This statement encouraged me to write and share my personal knowledge of medical, psychological, and other experiences, which may be beneficial to some of the readers suffering with similar issues.
Physical activities and exercises are good for people of all age groups to put together their scattered health to stay healthy and fit. One can gain a lot by staying healthy and active. A healthy lifestyle promotes good health. According to NHS UK being physically active may help you in improving your scattered health including physical and brain health. It also helps people in managing their body weight.
Moreover, eating healthy food and exercising reduces the risk of diseases. It improves your ability to perform everyday tasks and strengthens your bones and muscles. If you are looking for a detailed guide about the importance of health and fitness and some tips, then you are at the right place. Check out the guide below for detailed insight.
Importance of Exercise and Healthy Eating
In this section, I will try to elaborate on how exercising and eating healthy food can help you to stay healthy and fit. The types of exercise or healthy food will be discussed in another blog post till then check out and try to absorb the points below.
Improve Brain Health
There are many global studies suggesting that more people are suffering with mental scattered health than ever and staying healthy and fit can help to improve your brain health. It improves thinking and reduces the instant feelings of anxiety in adults. Regular exercise and staying fit can help you keep your judgment and learning skills sharp. It provides significant help in reducing the risks of anxiety and depression.
Reduce the Risks of Health Issues
Staying healthy and fit can help in reducing the risks of cardiovascular disease. It also protects the body from the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. A large number of people nowadays suffer from metabolic syndrome. This problem occurs because of too much fat around the waist area, low high-density lipoproteins cholesterol, high blood pressure, high blood sugar levels, or high triglycerides. These problems can be easily countered with a healthy lifestyle.
Moreover, staying healthy and fit also reduces the risks of developing some common cancers. It includes lung, kidney, stomach, breast, colon, bladder, oesophagus, and endometrium cancer.
Strengthen your Muscles
Our bones health get scattered and weak with age. One must take the necessary measures to keep their muscles and bones healthy and strong. Consider doing muscle-strengthening activities to increase and maintain your strength and muscle mass.
By trying to stay healthy and fit can help people putting their scattered health together and perform well in everyday activities like climbing stairs, managing work and home, grocery shopping, and more. Regular physical exercise helps you stay fit, keeps your body in shape, and makes you feel positive and confident.
A healthy lifestyle is important to keep the body active and healthy. However, in the present time, it’s very hard to find the energy and time to prepare healthy meals or exercise regularly. Try to take some basic and simple steps first. Following are some of the basic and best tips for staying healthy and fit. Check the points below.
· 1. Try to eat only fresh and healthy food. Consume a low-fat diet and take sugar in the form of fruits. Eat whole grains and green vegetables. Choose a diet plan that is low in cholesterol/saturated fat, and moderate in salt, sugar, and total fat.
· 2. Try to do healthy activities for around 30 minutes on most days of the week. Like myself, if you have busy schedules try to break these thirty minutes into three 10-minute sessions. Health activities can include walking, jumping, dancing, running, yoga, and many more.
· 3. Drink water as much as you can. Keep a proper check on your water intake throughout your day to stay hydrated. In the UK water intake guidance suggests taking 1.2 litres or 6 to 8 glass per day.
· 4. Do not forget to brush your teeth after having your meal. Also, make a habit of brushing your teeth after drinking and before going to your bed.
· 5. Sleep on time so that you can wake up early in the morning. Do not use your cell phone or laptop too much. While working on your laptop, ensure the lights are on in the room. Do not work late at night. Practicing all these healthy life patterns can help you stay fit and active.
· 6. If living in a hot country, try to stay out of the sun, especially when the UVA and UVB are strongest. Apply sunscreen before going out between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
7. If living in a cold country like me, try to stay in the sun (if there is any sun) as much as possible to absorb some natural vitamin D. The people living in cold countries mostly take vitamin D in the form of supplement. It is always a good idea to speak to your GP before taking any supplements.
· 8. Try to keep a positive mindset and stay motivated. Setting life goals and maintaining a positive mindset are important keys to being in shape.
Scattered health is a biggest issue of most people as they wonder how to stay healthy and fit while managing everyday life. It isn't easy to spare some time from our busy schedules to exercise and prepare healthy meals. But if you want to stay active and look good, you must plan your day accordingly. This website aim to provide some guidance on the importance of health and fitness and some basic helpful tips to stay healthy and fit. So if you are in the same boat as myself and many others, try to follow the guidance and basic tips above to start or to maintain your health and fitness for a long healthy life.
In conclusion, health is not just staying free of disease or sickness but a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being. Health is scattered around us in the form of life style changes, exercises and medical help. Click on any of your desired tab above for topic related information, guidance, suggestions and tips. I will conclude with the words of Thomas Carlyle: "he who has health, has hope; and he who has hope, has everything".